Green days 2014
- Sæmundargata 2
- Þriðjudagur 01. apríl 2014 11:00
- Þriðjudagur 01. apríl 2014 23:00
- Þriðjudagur 01. apríl 2014 11:00
- Laugardagur 05. apríl 2014 19:00
Green days at the University of Iceland
The theme of Green Days 2014 at the University of Iceland is „Sustainable Cities“
Green days are organized by Gaia, the Environment and Natural Resources (ENR) Interdisciplinary Graduate Programme Student Association. Green Days events are in held in English, are free of charge and open to the public.
Saturday, March 29th
- 20:30 – 21:30 Pre-Opening Event: Earth Hour 60+ in front of Háskólatorg
Tuesday, April 1st
- 11:00 – 14:00 Pre-Opening Event: Information Booths at Háskólatorg from Landvernd and the Electric bike adviser, Gisli Sigurgeirsson.
- 11:30 – 13:30 Pre-Opening Event: Free Bicycle Tune-up Service in front of Háskólatorg.
- 12:00 – 13:00 Opening Ceremony in Háskólatorg.
Wednesday, April 2nd
- 11:00 – 14:00 Information Booths at Háskólatorg from Landvernd and Hostelling International.
- 12:00 – 13:00 Short Lectures on Sustainable Urban Planning, Land Use and Buildings. Árnagarður, Lecture room Á-311.
- 18:30 to 19:30 Keynote Remote Lecture with Victor Dover on Sustainable Cities at Háskólatorg. Lecture room HT-105.
- 21:00 – 23:00 Short Documentaries and Pub Quiz at the Student Bar (Studentakjallarin).
Thursday, April 3rd
- 11:00 – 14:00 Information Booths at Háskólatorg from SEEDS and Sorpa.
- 11:30 – 12:00 Short Lectures on Sustainable Food Production and Composting at the Nordic House.
- 12:00 to 12:30 No Food Waste Free Lunch at the Nordic House.
- 12:30 to 13:15 Short Lectures on Food Waste and Urban Food Production at the Nordic House.
- 16:00 – 17:00 Remote Lecture on Green Infrastructure Evaluation, Performance, and Associated Ecosystem Services at Oddi room O-201 (2nd floor).
- 17:00-18:00 The opening of a new electrical race car, TS14, on Háskólatorg.
Friday, April 4th
- 11:00 – 14:00 Information Booths at Háskólatorg from the Icelandic Cyclists’ Federation .(Landssamtök Hjólreiðamanna) and the Electric bike adviser, Gisli Sigurgeirsson and Nature.is.
- 11:00 to 11:30 Lecture on Women and Green Business. Lögberg room L-201
- 11:30 to 12:00 Natturan.is / Nature.is - New and improved with apps and maps Lögberg room L-201 .
- 12:00 – 13:00 Short Lectures on Means of transportation, Bike Usage, Air Quality and Quality of life. Oddi, room 106.
- 14:00 – 18:00 Clothes/Books Swap. Loft Hostel –Bankastræti 7a.
- 20:00 – 23:00 Amaba Dama in Concert. Loft Hostel –Bankastræti 7a.
Saturday, April 5th
- 13:00 – 16:00 Eco-urban Playground: Reykjavík is a game! From Loft Hostel –Bankastræti 7a.
- 16:00 – 17:00 Award of the Eco-urban Playground: Reykjavík is a game! At Studentakjallarin.
- 17:00 – 19:00 Movie Screening at Háskólatorg: Growing Cities. Lecture room HT-105.
The Green Days 2014 has been organized by Gaia in collaboration with:
The University of Iceland – The Environment and Natural Resources Interdisciplinary Graduate Programme – SORPA – Nordic House – Red Cross – Salvation Army – The Us embassy – Loft Hostel – Hostelling International–Iceland – SEEDS – Green April.
More thorough information on the program on Gaia's website http://nemendafelog.hi.is/gaia/green-days/green-days-2014/
Gaia - félag meistaranema í umhverfis- og auðlindafræðum við Háskóla Íslands „Green days at the University of Iceland“, Náttúran.is: 27. mars 2014 URL: http://nattura.is/d/2014/03/27/green-days-university-iceland/ [Skoðað:22. júlí 2018]Efni má nota eða vitna í samkvæmt almennum venjum sé heimilda getið með slóð eða fullri tilvitnun hér að ofan.
breytt: 28. mars 2014